Saturday, June 20, 2009

Among the Leather People




Attended a picnic today. Me in a sort of semi-drag, since I wasn't going to know hardly anyone, and anyway it was raining, I mean at this point around here, we are well past the cats and dogs and moving into Biblical territory. Some soggy judgement has been rendered. This was a barbeque hosted and attended by leather people. That is my term, not everyone was wearing leather. In fact no one was. It is all about scenes discussed and play anticipated. Pony play, cane play, fire play, knife play, The plays the thing, Doms and Dommes and subs. I guess I expected more overt scenes. This was a munch and a barbecue so it was largely a bunch of men and women in shorts or jeans, sharing food, little liquor with one painted nails and face, ancient androgyne wandering among them. The frisson of dominance and submission was submerged in this cosy gathering of friends. What can I say? While I am just short of horrified by some of the things that consenting adults at that barbecue do to each other, I am enamored of Mistress and sissy play, and I was hoping that the two yellow ribboned pigtails in my gray mane, might cause one of the Ladies present spontaneously start ordering about, while smiling in amusement as I abase myself in utter and fabulous humiliation, stripped to bra and panties. Alas.

Talking later with my sister about some particularly awful things going on in her life, I was struck by the sensible attitude of the Leather people. To quote the Incredible String Band: " Maya Maya.. All the world is but a play..be thou a joyful player....

All the world is the Goddess' lila. Mahamaya. I am not a transvestite, or a transsexual, or a bisexual fetishist. I play at them, as I once played at being a husband and a father.

For all you who are into shoe play, image of Devi Kroell creation from Shoe Goddess website

No comments:

Post a Comment