Sunday, October 26, 2014

My Digit Ratio is Very Femme




"Tell me who are you? "
Peter Townsend

I was reading about the digit ratio.      Wikipedia has a fairly extensive discussion

On average Males have been found to have lower ratios of their index finger length to their ring finger length.  The average difference in these ratios is small.   For males the average ratio is .947, and for females it is .965.    I measured my own, and I was close to 1.0.
  Yes!
 I knew I was depraved because I was deprived, I just didn't realize I was deprived of pre-natal androgen.
But seriously, I realize that this may not even indicate that in my case.  The average ratios do not necessarily apply to the specifics of my genetic inheritance.  ( I should measure my brother and sister's fingers, perhaps while they sleep)  and I have been mucking about in this literature, the scientific basis of gender variance and finding that the answers of science do not necessarily add up to self-knowledge or peace of mind.
Perhaps my deprivation based depravity, is based itself on depravity in a previous life.  Perhaps my depravity however it is caused, only exists in the blindness of the culture in which i was raised.  Perhaps I am willfully depraved.
However my gender dysphoria and associated behavior is caused, I find that understanding certain facts about it, does not necessarily add up to solutions to my gender dilemma, which basically is  Can I sit on the fence forever.... which perhaps I can, in fact I think I probably will.   But fence sitting can be awful uncomfortable, and I wonder where comfort can be found.
Going to Florida this week,  the Everglades to birdwatch, and later in the week the Keys.  In fact I expect to be on Duvall Street on Halloween.  I can't really see myself not dressing for that occasion, but that probably means that I will have to pay for a checked bag.  It is neither easy or cheap to be a part-time girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment