Sunday, July 19, 2009

Salokya



Salokya -- The liberated state of being in the same world as Devi or Krishna depending upon your gender preference in paradise. So it is time to choose a vacation. This is of course suffused with expectation and meaning. Vacationing alone means going somewhere, and doing something. The going implies there is a better place than where you are, and the doing implies that you are presently wasting your time, or something like that. And in my case, I have gone to places, the forested mountains of the East, and the Appalachian trail, or the desert vistas of the west, and found the divine there for a few days. I was speaking with a friend about travel brochures for guilt trips, and so we need travel guidance for transcendence.
So I always chose the cheap thrills, majestic landscapes with whispers of dead civilizations, the Goddess's toys littered about. But this time, I choose Savannah, asking questions like where can a girl find screw on earrings in Savannah? Where do MY people hang out. Is ambrosia available in a Go cup? Anyone with the proper brochure please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment