Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo!



Busy.. busy.. busy.. no time to journal as they say currently. Tons of work and the halloween shopping season to boot. I am the kind of nervous grrll that doesn't just flaunt it day and night. But this halloween, ..an example.. i had a long discussion of shoes and makeup with the charming young woman at the Payless and she helped me try on a bunch.. for my halloween costume. Well I bought three pairs. Everyday is halloween after all.
This halloween I go as Rose a drag queen of the 80's who i was good friends with for a bit in my life. I don't know where Miss Rose is today, though I suppose I could try to look up some of her old film projects, but i imagine that she is no longer with us, being out there wherever there is at a time when it was perhaps better to be in here. But we all have our time and our place, and we all end up shadows, and the more I think about it, I can't imagine that we could be anything more. So insubstantial arising in a moment, coming to know, ascending, filled with self and desires for what seems to have only been a summer, and then slowly slowly ceasing, and that is if we are lucky. But maybe that's just me. We are something more I imagine, it is just that we are something more than we. So time is short, and make-up to look like Rose well that is an effort involving heavy equipment, and ample time. So farewell and happy Halloween to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment